In this era of technology, people prefer using messenger apps for talking instead of calling each other. And even though most common apps for talking is WhatsApp, Messenger, iPhone users still prefer iMessage over any other app. And why not to use it when it has so many good features?
And in fact, not only iPhone users but even Windows users too want to use the same. They too crave for it. But can they actually use iMessage on their Windows PC?
The question is tough but the answer is yes, now iMessage can be used in Windows. Now to read it in details, you need to scroll it down and read this article till you get the solution of using iMessage on windows.
iMessage is really a famous app for iPhone users. This app is really popular among the iPhone users and not just that, but it is also easy to get the iMessage for Mac users too. Be it iPad or Mac, the users can use the app easily.
Even though it is not really an easy task to get the iMessage for Windows users, but it is neither impossible task too. With the help of some emulators and other tool, it is now possible to get iMessage in your Windows PC.
All you need to do is to scroll down and follow the methods we are talking about here in order to get the app in your PC. But before this, we really need to read about iMessage in brief. Let us read it here.
What is iMessage?
iMessage is basically an app which can be called as one of the best service being provided by Apple to their users. This is an exclusive service only for iOS users only. Through this app, you can text with anyone you want to.
The app is basically a messenger app for iOS users only. It comes as an inbuilt app in all the iOS devices. Since the time the app has been launched, it has gained the popularity in a very short span of time.
Not only iOS users but even the Android users are willing to use the app. And this article is only for those Android users who are willing to use the app and wants to know if it is available for Windows.
Although there is no official app as such to use iMessage for windows, but there are many methods through which you can get it downloaded and use it iMessage in Windows. But before heading to the methods, let us quickly read the features of iMessage.
Features of iMessage
There are many features of iMessage which will make up your mind to download it in your Windows PC and use it. So let us read some of the major features of the app here.
- iMessage has a very easy interface through which you can talk to anyone you want to. The only condition is that the person you are texting to should have the same app installed.
- This app will let you send text messages by using your internet data only. You don’t need to pay for the app.
- You can also react to the messages you send or the person whom you are texting sends you using different emoticons.
- You can also use the feature of sending audios, videos, and pictures too.
- The message will be received by the person in very less time.
- You will also receive the delivery report of the messages you send to the person.
- You are also able to send different documents such as word doc, file, PPT, excel, voice mails and etc through the app.
- iMessage is also considered as one of the best app for doing group chat. You can make a group in one click and add as many friends as you want to.
How to download iMessage on Windows
Now we are here discussing the top used methods for downloading iMessage on Windows. Though there were many articles where many different methods were written, only some of them are actually useful and in order to find them.
We have tried every method before writing this article and now here we are mentioning only those genuine methods which are actually can be used for downloading iMessage on Windows. So let’s just read them here.
1. Using Chrome Remote Desktop
Let’s just start with the very first and commonly used method to download iMessage for Windows. For using this method, you will need another Windows PC and a Mac Laptop.
Step 1: First of all, you have to install Chrome Remote Desktop on your windows Google Chrome browser on both the systems.
Step 2: Once you have downloaded chrome remote desktop in both the systems, you need to click on Add to chrome option and after that wait for a few seconds to complete the downloading. Once done, simply install the chrome browser.
Step 3: Go to the Browser app section and click on Launch app.
Step 4: Then use your Mac system and download the Chrome remote desktop host installer in it.
Step 5: Once downloaded, then do install it in your Mac.
Step 6: Then on your Mac system, set a security password/pin for using the screen of this laptop on Windows.
Step 7: Come back to the Windows system and simply find the remote Mac. Click and start screen sharing of Mac on your Windows system.
Follow these steps and you are done with this. Now the chrome remote desktop will allow you to access another computer through Chrome Browser and hence, you can use the iMessage app on Chromebook.
Note- But if in case you do not have the Mac system, don’t be disheartened. We have other methods available too for you. You can simply use other methods through which you can use iMessage on Windows.
2. Get iMessage through IPADIAN
Now let us download iMessage on Windows using iPadian emulator. This emulator is free of cost and is really easy to use. Be it this app or any other app which are restricted to apple devices only, all can be downloaded to Windows PC through this emulator. Let us now read the steps here.
- First of all, either visit the official website of the IPADIAN to get it in your windows PC. The site of the app is given here.
- Now you need to then download this emulator in your system for free of cost and install the exe file on your PC.
- Now you need to run the emulator.
- Now a window will appear in your screen which will ask you to accept the terms and conditions. You need to click and accept the terms and conditions and click on continue.
- Once you have installed it in your PC successfully, you need to launch the iPadian software on your Windows PC.
- Now in the search box of the app, you need to search for iMessage app and once you see it, click and download iMessage for Windows.
Through this method, you will be able to download iMessage on your Windows PC without needing any Mac device or jailbreak.
3. Download iMessage using BlueStacks
As you already know iMessage is not available officially for Windows or any other devices other than Apple devices, it will be difficult to download them on Windows or any other device.
But one such option to get iMessage for windows is using BlueStacks which is an emulator. Let us read how can we get the app through BlueStacks.
- Firstly, you need to Download BlueStacks emulator in your device.
- Once you download it, you need to install it in your PC which will hardly take a minute.
- Once the installation is completed and done, you need to run the emulator.
- You will be able to see the search box and simply type iMessage on the search box and once the app appear, download it.
- Set up the iMessage app in your PC.
- Start it and use the app in Windows.
Through using BlueStacks, which is an android emulator, you will be able to download iMessage app in your PC without any hassle. It is easy and can be done for free of cost.
4. Using Cydia
Now here is the fourth method to download iMessage for Windows. For using this method, you really do not need to jailbreak your iOS device. Let’s just follow these steps and get the app in Windows PC without wasting any time.
- Now the first basic step would be to Download Cydia on your PC. It comes with app store in phones.
- Then you need to open the Cydia app and simply search for remote messages.
- Then you need to complete the downloading process and install Cydia app in your Windows PC.
- Once the process of downloading Cydia in your Windows is completed, go to settings and tap on remote messages.
- Now a window will appear in your screen with user authentication option. You need to click on enable it.
- Then you need to create a username and a password. Make sure that both your iOS device and PC are connected with the same WIFI.
- Now open your browser in PC and enter IP address under the enable tab and then enter.
- Click on the enter button and then you will see the windows prompt with the password and user details.
- Write the same details which you created at the time of creating an account. Enter all the details to make the setup.
Now you are finally done with this method too. Now you can simply get your iMessage app in your Windows PC for free of cost. You can use these steps and download the app but for this method, you will need an iOS device too.
Wrapping up, these are the top 4 methods which we have tried and got success among more than 10 methods given on the internet for getting iMessage for Windows. Here you may also like to install Safari on Windows.
In most of the methods we tried, there were some major issues through which one can find either some difficulty or need to purchase a paid tool which is not very recommendable for those issues which can be resolved without buying anything.
There are also many emulators through which you can easily download iMessage on your Windows PC and use it as long as you want to but many of them are the purchased tool which is hard for everyone to use. Hence, we have only mentioned the top, easy and free of cost tools to download iMessage on your Windows PC easily.
Please note that the person needs to be a little bit attentive while using these methods for downloading the app because if you miss any single step, the whole process will fail and hence you will not be able to download the app in your Windows PC.
We hope that you have enjoyed our article and the methods we have presented here are easy for you to use. You can use any of them and download iMessage on your windows PC.
You can either go with those methods where you need a Mac device too but if in case you don’t have any, you can use other methods consisting emulators as they are competitively easier for everyone to use it.
If you have any questions regarding the article, please write to us in the given comment section. We are happy to help you with our full efforts. Please write your experience or queries below.